In a nutshell ~
Throughout history, we’ve invented poultices and potions to cure all our medical complaints. Sometimes we even lived to tell about it….
- Mercury, the cure for what ails you January 25, 2014 - Toothache? Rash? Lice? Old age? Quicksilver to the rescue.1 Elemental mercury was known and used by the ancient Greeks, Romans, Chinese, and Hindus. In fact, the Hindu word for “alchemy”, Rasasiddhi, translates […]
- High Blood Pressure? Migraine? January 16, 2014 - Why not try drilling a hole in your head? This practice of relieving pressure on the brain has been around since the stone age. Evidence has been unearthed of neolithic […]
Agony Aunt Bathilda:
Facing Madame Guillotine? Tired of tyranny? Write me now! Agony Aunt Bathilda is here to answer all your burning questions. I have lent my advice to some of the most powerful and influential personas throughout history. No fees required. No warranties honored. My sage advice is served with a grain of salt…
- Concerns of an Honorable Man January 19, 2014 - Ides of March Year 16 of the reign of the tyrant Gaius Julius Caesar Ave Agony Aunt Bathilda, An urgent matter of national security has arisen, for which I would beg […]
- A Hapless Habsburg January 7, 2014 - Palais des Tuileries, France 21 January 1793 Dear Agony Aunt Bathilda, I seem to have angered quite a number of people. I’m still not sure what the problem could be. […]
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Agony Aunt October 30, 2013 - Tower of London, 18 May 1536 Dear Agony Aunt Bathilda, I am writing with the hope that you will receive this well in advance of any further deterioration of my predicament. Your reputation for competent and thoughtful advice to the lovelorn is legendary here in London. Aunt Bathilda, I had […]
50 Weeks of Resolutions:
My 2014 new year resolutions are really recycled from 2013 (waste not, want not, I say!) Will I succeed this year? I’m trying to find new ways to eat and exercise and manage my time. Let’s call it a lifestyle change that I can reasonably hope to manage.
- DP: Because the night April 21, 2014 - I am a night owl. It’s been a perennial source of problems in my life. To start with, as a child, I always went to bed late. That meant being tired […]
- Resolution Wk 6 ❦ Getting more zzz’s February 22, 2014 - I should probably have spent the entire year focusing on getting more sleep. I am so sleep-deprived. I’m like a walking zombie every day. As one of my most important […]
- Resolution Wk 4 ❧ Zumba! February 11, 2014 - This past week, my focus has been more on exercise, now that I more or less have a good eating regimen going. I usually get up early weekday mornings and […]
- 50 Weeks of Resolutions ❧ Wk 3 February 2, 2014 - This week I realized how much I really can’t stand avocados. I’ve avoided it all my life. I especially can’t stand the look of guacamole. It just makes me sick. […]
- 50 Weeks of Resolutions ❧ Wk 2 January 22, 2014 - Small success, but more enlightened, in week 2. More concentrated focus has led to moderately favorable results. I’m hesitant to patting myself on the back, but happy that the scale […]