Here we are again!
I remember last year, dutifully typing away on January 1, 2013, full of hope and promise, all the things I would do in 2013. And I quote:
Somewhere there I also included that I would be blogging more and blah blah.
Should I really play this game again this year? I just don’t know if I should be bothered.
The fact is that at the end of the year I know I won’t be happy until I’ve resolved these unresolved action items. It would seem that I like setting goals more than actually carrying them out.
Nevertheless, I’m not setting any new goals this year. I’m just going to recycle last year’s ones:
- Go to bed earlier (like, before 1:00 am)
- Get to work earlier (before 10:00 am, that is – achieving this goal relies heavily on #1)
- Leave office by 6:30 pm (again, relies heavily on #1 and #2)
- Exercise more – since I do this first thing in the morning, this also relies heavily on getting to bed earlier – #1
- Go to all the Zumba classes and not just when I feel like it
- Stick to eating plan!!!
- Lose the same 20 lbs I’ve been trying to lose since 2011 – relies heavily on #s 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
- Don’t sit at my desk all day – resume daily walks at lunch time -relies on #2
- Blog at least every other day while still maintaining #1
What will make these goals achievable this year over the previous year? I’m not sure. I always start out the year quite well and then life just takes over.
Anyway, wish me luck. I really mean to do all of it this year.
No, seriously, I do….