So, 2013 is really coming to a close, isn’t it?
As if it had a choice.
My brother walked down the aisle for a third time, I made a new friend, and my job responsibilities increased to the nth degree.
As I sit here reading all the blogs I subscribe to and chugging my new diet vegetable juice, I want to thank all the bloggers who have kept me so thoroughly entertained and informed with their writing this year.
I’ve limited myself to 10, because I really could go on and on and then I’d end up listing all the blogs in my Reader. So, in no particular order, they are:
- Hacker. Ninja. Hooker. Spy. by Aussa Lorens. Omg, she is as funny as hell. Is that ghost still living in her office, I wonder? Her dating nightmares are a lesson to us all, but you really can’t help but chuckle and sympathize simultaneously at her experiences. Thankfully, she’s turned out okay and can now share them all with us. Her tagline says it all: “some mistakes are too good not to share.”
- Randomnessessities – did I spell this right? So I spend a good portion of my time online reading posts from a Beaver, the Roswell Alien, and their human friend. Don’t judge me! Together, their thought-provoking posts and memes are so humorous, they keep me in stitches all the time. They are the ultimate triumvirate. I still can’t decide who is my favorite (Lester, you know it’s you, right?)
- AnAmericanViewOfBritishScienceFiction by Stephen K., because us Whovians need to stick together. Besides, he understands British sci-fi and that’s okay in my book!
- The Return of the Modern Philosopher by Austin Hodgens. He knows all kinds of people like Santa Claus, Zeus, The Doc, witches, leprechauns, and goblins. And he has a flying gargoyle named Gary.
- Ben’s Bitter Blog – well, because he’s bitter.
- Green Embers – he blogs about everything and I share his taste in movies and TV shows. He has also shown various video tutorials on using parts of WordPress that I’ve found most informative and helpful.
- HocusPocus13 – I love reading about the latest spells. This blog takes me to another era and perhaps eventually one of these spells will work in my favor.
- The Arm Chair Pontificator – Yes, he’s a cannibal but he has won a (self-proclaimed) Nobel Prize! Besides, he was able to get the only interview from Joseph, of Mary and Joseph fame, after Joe had been silent for centuries. I like the way he thinks.
- A Story A Day – I really enjoy reading short stories. I gobble them up all the time from podcasts and books. I also write them. I like these short stories because of the unexpected endings.
- Witless Dating After Fifty – I have enjoyed her posts since the first time I read her blog last year. She is such a kind and lovable person…and we’ve never met in person! I enjoy her stories about her life and about her adventures in dating after 50.
Thanks for all the sleepless nights I’ve spent reading and laughing at your material. They were well worth it!
Categories: Best of 2013